Turkeys, Turkeys and Real Turkeys

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday.  I just love that shopping day, however I am just horrible at starting my Christmas shopping on that day.  Instead I found all kinds of stuff for myself, (he,he..). I just love that boot rush and oh those lines are actually painful to wait in.
Anyway.....


This past weekend I started fetching some pine boughs and greens for my mantle. I am so lucky because I just walk out my door and I have a whole forest of trees to pick from.  On Sunday when I was gathering these pine boughs a whole flock of turkeys land in the big pine and oak trees around my house. Like a whole flock.  At least ten of them were in the trees.  My chocolate lab went nuts,  but I was so excited because last week we just got done making our turkey's in the classroom and learned all about wild turkeys.  Check out these pics...
I just love this turkey craft.  This year I read a book about wild turkeys and we brainstormed a list and posted them on the smartboard and then I put them on the pocket chart so we could have them handy for all the students later on and so they could take the facts to their seats. I have a few youngers(first graders) that struggle with copying work from the front of the room.  Then we wrote our facts down on our Facts about Turkey sheets, and made turkeys.  It was a lot of fun.  The mayor was even in our classroom when we were learning and making our Turkeys.  It was Educator for a day at our school and community members spend time in our classrooms.  He learned a few facts about turkeys too!
Now bring on December....
Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment