Stay on Target with Fluency Phrases

 
 
My summer has finally begun.  Yeah! I was teaching summer school and it just got done. It was a quick three weeks but now I hope to start all my projects, read a book, organize my house and start on relaxing a bit. I get a little anxious thinking about all I want to accomplish this summer. 
But I did get a few things done and I am super excited about them.
Ever since I went to a Reading fluency conference a year ago I have wanted to make fluency phrase flash cards for my students.  When I saw Melonheadz clipart come out with Star Wars characters I knew exactly how I was going to use them.  I just love her work.  So take a look at my Stay on Target Fluency Phrases.


This pack includes all 300 fry words in phrases.   All 300 words in Fry's list should be mastered by the end of third grade.  According to Fry these 300 words make up 2/3 of all the words that students will encounter in their elementary school reading.  Having students practice these words in phrases and short sentences helps students with their reading fluency and will help in their overall reading achievement. If you notice their are 9 mini-booklets to make.  When students can read the pack fluently they earn a certificate and they can move on to the next character.  For easy organization I attached the packs with binders and the back side holds the certificates and check off sheet. I am hoping these Star Wars characters motivate my kids.  It is an easy, quick activity to do in centers, with partners or when parent volunteers come to help.





 This is the back side of the binder that holds the certificates and check off sheet in it.  Ready to go for next year.


They are just too cute! I will post more shortly.  I am off to paint a dresser for my daughter, and I have to get my work out in.  Good day! Jane

1 comment:

  1. That is super neat Jane! I bet Ivan could use those! LOL

    ReplyDelete