A Christmas Carol

I love reading A Christmas Carol to my students.  This year I thought it would be the perfect reader's theater to do in my classroom.  I created a reader's theater or play and many activities that follow. My students were super excited to practice the scripts and this week we will perform them to other classrooms.  This pack includes puppets and pictures to use for a reader's theater.

A Christmas Carol was written by Charles Dickens in 1843.  I like reading this version illustrated by Brett Helquest.
11 parts are included.  I split my students up into two groups so they all could do this play.  Some parts have more lines than others, and some of my students had two speaking parts.
My students will color their characters and attach to a head band to wear.
We will also work on sequencing the story, the lesson learned, story elements, scrooge at the beginning and
 than at the end of the story and work on a cloze sentence review.
Please check out the full unit here.

Have a great week, hope all is jolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment